Saturday, March 12, 2011

Vegetable Ceviche


Years ago, Debbie a friend of mine made a dish similar to this and even though I am allergic to avocados I had to try it and fell in love with it.  Over time the recipe has changed and I honestly don't know what the original recipe was.  It is a party favorite for me because I can make it and savor a  single bite and dream about the next party I will make it for.  Today was the little vegans 7th birthday so I made it and promise a few of the parents that I would post the recipe tonight so her it is

12 oz frozen artichoke hearts (defrosted)
4 avocados
8.8 oz hearts of palm (drain liquid)
3/4 cup cilantro
14.5 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
2 limes
dash of salt and pepper
tortilla chips

Chop artichoke hearts, avocados, hearts of palm, and cilantro into a large bowl.  Mix in tomatoes, liquid and all.  Juice limes and stir in ( add one at a time, you may like less or may want more.)  Add salt and pepper.  Serve with tortilla chips.

2 comments: