Saturday, February 5, 2011

Last Minute Bean Dip


I have this compulsive behavior where I must feed people when they are at my house.  If I don't, I feel as though I have failed as a hostess.  My good friend was bringing her brother Richard over to meet us and our cupboards were bare except for some random cans of beans and a bag of tortilla chips.  On that day I threw together this bean dip and it was such a hit that they wanted the recipe and at every gathering since, one of their first questions is always, "Did you make the bean dip?"

2 15oz cans of black beans (drained)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp hot sauce
1/4 tsp liquid smoke
1 Tbsp vegan sour cream
tortilla chips

In a small pot mash beans with a potato masher.  Add garlic, onion, cumin, chili powder, hot sauce and liquid smoke.  Cook over med/low heat so that it is warm but do not boil.  Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.  Serve with another dollop of sour cream and dash of chili powder and tortilla chips.  Also see 3 Layer Dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment